Diversity Training for Employees
This course is endorsed by CAPSC | Safety Services Canada.
Diversity encompasses all the ways that we are different from each other, including factors like race, ethnicity, culture, religion, age, gender, and sexual orientation. Respect and Inclusion in the Workplace is an online training course that educates participants about diversity and inclusion, identifies the characteristics of a respectful workplace, and examines acceptable and unacceptable workplace attitudes and behaviours.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the benefits of diversity in the workplace
- Describe the characteristics of a respectful workplace and identify personal attitudes and behaviours that reflect consideraton for others
- Understand the concept of culture and idetify practical strategies to improve communication between people from different cultural backgrounds
- Identify unaqcceptable workplace behaviours, including discrimination, harassment and bullying, and describe practical strategies to address such behaviours
- Know how to respond appropriately in a situation involving disrespectful workplace behaviours, whether as the target, the accused, or bystander
This training is presentedc in three modules, each including a mandaroty test. To progress from one module to the next and complete the training, participants must verify knowledge transfer achieving 100% on each test. Those who fail can re-test until the required outcome is obtained. Questions are selected from a "test bank" to ensure the retests are unique. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to download/print a Certificxate of Completion. This document will include the participants name and the date of training.
This is a self-paced learning experience. Participants can exit and re-enter the course at any time. The time required to complete the course will vary, depending on the learning styple and prior knowledge of the individual. On average, most participatns will be able to complete the course in 1-3 hours.
Respect and Inclusion in the Workplace
You will be emailed PIN numbers to access the course material AND webcam exam.